Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Saturday 5 August 2017

Winter or Summer?

Firstly I must welcome my new follower Doreen and thank you for
taking the time to join me. 
I hope you will let me know when you visit my little blog and I
could not find your blog. So would love you to leave me a link.

A couple of weeks ago at a local Craft Fayre, a lady bought
everything 'Poppy' related that I had on my stall! 
A clock, 2 candles and a notebook!
So I thought I should make more, different poppy things.

These were my first items and they are MDF plaques.
The left one I painted onto water colour paper and then stuck it to
the plaque. On the one on the right,
I created a crackle effect direct onto the plaque
and then painted the poppies with Acrylic paints.

I did another Craft Fayre on Tuesday and sold the one on the left!!

So guess what I am doing at the moment?..........Ermmmmm!


Now this is where the Winter or Summer comes into my post!

Below is a photo I took last week in my garden.
Not very exciting you might think!!

The flowers in the front is a Hellebore,
'So what'!  I hear you say! 
It is a Winter flowering plant.......Not a Summer flowering plant.

It usually shows it's face in February/March, which is when it did flower. 

I thought I was seeing things, when I saw the bud first. 
The flowers in the photo are now fully open and yet more buds are now there too!!

I would love to know if anyone else have this in their garden.


Thanks for popping by and would love you to leave me a message
so I know you have been.

Hugs,

Carol
xxxx

11 comments:

Lynne said...

Lovely plaques Carol, My favourite is the crackle effect one. I'm not surprised you sell them quickly. I do have hellebores but they're not in flower. I have an amaryllis from Christmas that is in flower again though. Hubby has been unknowingly watering it in the greenhouse and it looks nicer now than at Xmas! xx

Sarah said...

Love these beautiful plaques, no wonder you can't keep them in stock. I am not quite sure what is going on with the weather this year...beautiful hellebore though xx

Doreen said...

Beautiful Plaques Carol.xxx
I am Your new follower
https://doreensdream.blogspot.co.uk/

Carole said...

Hi Carol.....lovely plaques and poppies always seem pop-ular (get it?...sorry)
Anyway I guess you are on to a winner there with all things poppy...would love to see them in the flesh so to speak! Everything in the garden here seems very unsure of the time of year as I do myself! Summer? where is it? Quite chilly here today and I am so fed up off the wind too! Hugs xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

These are gorgeou especially the crackle effect one. Wow hellebores put in July, so pretty but hope they still flower in the Winter

Chrissy said...

Your poppy plaques are totally gorgeous Carol..I love the crackle one..did you free hand paint your poppies?..you are so clever..
Not too good with plants..when or where to plant..I just throw them in the dirt and hope for the best..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carole C. said...

Hi Carol. Hellebores in July, whatever next?
Love your poppy plaques, no wonder they are selling so quickly.
Carole x

Diane said...

What fabulous plaques Carol. We have Hellebore also but they only bloom in the Spring. Lucky you.

Hugs Diane

Elise said...

omgosh wow Carol! I so love love love the plaques you created! They're sooooo STUNNING! And your hellebores .. you're so lucky that you can have these beautiful flowers in your garden! Can't believe they flowered during this time of year for you .. I would looooove having this in our yard! HOpe you're doing well!

Big hugs,
Elise

Anne said...

You could do with a few more customers like that! Glad to hear you are doing well with sales, I love the one with the crackle effect.
I have quite a few hellebores but no flowers

Anne x

Sue - said...

Two lovely plaques Carol, I love poppies too. I think they are such a cheerful flower. I can't get hellebores to grow in my garden, but certainly wouldn't expect to see them in flower now.